This Back In Stock Notifications is a very handy Zen Cart moduel that will allow your customers to subscribe to a notification list for any product on your website that is showing as out of stock.
The subscription process is automated so your customers don't have to create an account to subscribe. If they have an account, the subscription is automatically associated with that account.
Once you change your inventory level from 0 to the amount you have in stock, there is an admin utility where you can send an e-mail to anyone who has subscribed to the notification list for the product.
TESTED AND WORKS PROPERLY ON ZENCART VERSIONS 1.3.8, 1.3.9, 1.5.0, 1.5.1, 1.5.3, 1.5.4, 1.5.5
* When a product goes out of stock, a message displays where the Buy Now button would normally be asking your customers if they want to “be notified when this product is back in stock...”
* A form is also displayed on the product page to encourage a quick and easy subscription! If the customer is logged in, this form is pre-filled with their info.
* If a customer is already subscribed to the Back In Stock Notification List for this product, a message “You have requested to be notified when this product is back in stock” is displayed instead of the subscribe message. The form also isn't added to the page.
* If a customer who has an account is not logged in when they subscribe to a notification list, the subscription will automatically be associated with their account.
* If a customer has an existing account, they can manage their Back In Stock Notification subscriptions right in their “My Account” section.
* Customers who do not have an account that have subscribed to a notification list, can click on the link in their subscription e-mail to unsubscribe. Alternatively they can browse to the unsubscription page on your website and enter the code that was sent in their subscription e-mail.
Intuitive, comprehensive admin utility
The admin utility allows you to view existing subscriptions, send subscription notification e-mails and delete any old subscriptions. The options it provides are as follows:
* You can view the current list of products with subscriptions. This allows you to quickly see which products customers are interested in and at the same time you can see the current stock level for each of these products.
* The current list of products with subscriptions can also be viewed with additional information about the customers subscribed and when they subscribed.
* A “Test Run” of the subscription notification mailing can be run. This will allow you to see who would have been e-mailed, and about which product(s). The first e-mail that would have been sent goes to the store owner so that you can check to see if the e-mail is formatted correctly before the actual run.
* Once the real run of the subscription notification is completed, the subscriptions for the completed notifications will be automatically removed from your database.
* If you have subscriptions for products that you have deleted, they can be expunged from the database.
* If a customer has subscribed to more than one product notification list and you send out an e-mail for more than one of the products they have asked for notification on, the products will be combined so they will only receive one e-mail. This ismore professional and minimises any irritation or thoughts of spamming!